Aboriginal Parent Link Center is one of a network of 56 Parent Link Centers across Alberta, providing parents and caregivers with free resources and support. The goal is to develop nurturing environments to support early childhood development. Each center provides services based on the needs of families in its particular community. Qualified and knowledgeable staff is prepared to deliver parenting programs, answer questions and offer advice about positive parenting and dealing with parenting and family concerns.
- The Outreach Support Worker (OSW)/Facilitator provides outreach support and resources to families accessing services at the Aboriginal Parent Link Center (APLC).
- Assist families to connect with partner agencies, services and support groups.
- The OSW will provide visits to organization and agencies to promote good relations at the APLC.
- The OSW will work with Health for Two moms and participate in programming to support all aspects of health promotions.
- Attend all staff meetings, keep contact notes and referrals for data collection.
- The OSW must be able to facilitate programs, assist in preparation and clean-up.
- Experience working with group facilitation and supporting parents and families is an asset.
Education and Credentials
- Diploma/Degree in ECD and/or at least one year experience.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience working in the Aboriginal community with Aboriginal people.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- Working some evenings and weekends.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and Family Intervention Check is required prior to starting employment.
- Must have your own vehicle for transportation with valid (without issues) current drivers’ license and drivers’ abstract.
- Experience working with Aboriginal families is an asset.
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary based on working 34.50 hours per week.
- Monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated).
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Aboriginal Parent Link Center, 11666 – 95 Street, Edmonton, AB
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: http://bentarrow.ca/about/apply-now/
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.