Nikihk Aboriginal Housing First is an intense home visitation and follow-up support program designed to assist those experiencing chronic homelessness with finding and maintaining housing. We provide in-home follow-up support, cultural and spiritual support and education, as well as trauma/healing support.
- Obtain information, prepare reports and assessments.
- Appraise client’s needs or eligibility for program.
- Find sustainable housing for clients; coordinate moving and transportation expenses; purchase/secure household items, food, and furniture.
- Ensure client assessments are being entered into the program database.
- Provide support to clients and landlords, resolve conflict situations between clients and landlords.
- Conduct move in and move out inspections.
- Build and foster positive relationships with property management companies.
- Maintain program housing statistics.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Budgeting skills are an asset
- Excellent communication skills are an asset
- Transport clients to viewings
- Address housing and re-housing issues and needs
Qualifications / Education
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.):
– Social Service Worker (SSW) Diploma
– Community Support Worker (CSW) Diploma
– Human Services Diploma
– Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
– Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
– ETO database experience is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience relating to working with the homeless population is an asset.
- Knowledge of housing and rental properties in Edmonton.
- Very familiar with emergency and other social services that would be of value to the homeless.
- Excellent collaborative skills, knowledge of Aboriginal culture and traditions.
- Own vehicle, willing to travel, and valid driver’s license.
- Must have current (within 6 months) Criminal and Child & Family Intervention checks.
- Drivers’ Abstract without any issues is mandatory before starting this position.
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary, based on working 34.50 hours per week.
- Paid sick and wellness days after passing 3 months probationary period.
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: http://bentarrow.ca/about/apply-now/
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.