Child/Youth Care Worker (Part-Time Relief)
This position is designed to provide support, guidance, and direction to the Aboriginal youth that live in our group homes. The role of the Child/Youth Care Worker is to establish a relationship with the youth living in the home, build trust, and provide guidance and direction as the young person moves towards independence. Kokomish operate under the teaching of traditional Aboriginal peoples and our hope is to introduce or reconnect the young people with their culture and traditions.
NOTE: This position is ONLY for weekday evenings, weekends, Statutory Holidays, and overnight shifts. There are NO other shifts available. Applicants unable to meet this requirement will not be selected for an interview.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Provide a safe, supportive environment for the youth.
- Build positive relationships with the youth.
- Work with community agencies who also work with or provide services to the youth.
- Work effectively with the youth’s social worker in developing healing plans and relating information.
- Maintain a healthy, happy environment.
- Participate in the daily planning of recreational activities.
- Participate in the planning of meals and grocery shopping.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and sessions with the psychologist.
- Become familiar with community agencies.
- Learn the policies and procedures of the Society, as well as Accreditation certification, and be able to implement them.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Position
- 2-year diploma in Human Services, 2 years related experience, or equivalencies
- First Aid certificate
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work well as a team member and ability to take direction
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check, Child & Family Intervention Check, without issues.
Hourly salary, based on education and experience.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.