Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Aboriginal children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
- The candidate will have excellent administrative skills and be able to do file mining of children services client files.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, up to date case note management, data collection and experience with ETO database.
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families – Kinship Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, and Three Houses with Children. Experience with SOS is an asset.
- Ability to do family searches with a passion to keep meaningful connection for children in care.
- Responsible to facilitate training sessions to staff and mentor in conduct family finding.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions, family circles and Family Group Conferencing.
- Strong connections with Aboriginal Bands and Reservations with Band Councils.
- Build positive relationships with families, and work cooperatively with social workers and other invested partners.
- Maintain effective cross-function relations with staff, colleagues and partners.
- May be required to attend orientation and other appropriate courses/training.
- Responsible for developing professional time management, ensuring that all reports and notes are correct and submitted in a timely manner.
- All client hardcopy files are organized and have current and valid client information.
- Awareness of Indigenous cultural practices, supporting cultural identity and connection to communities.
- Work effectively with other team and staff members that may require your assistance.
- Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised, as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as required.
Education and Credentials
- Degree or diploma in the Social Services field or Human Services field is a must.
- 1 – 3 years’ work related experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- ETO (Efforts to Outcome) database experience is an asset for this position.
- Current, within 6 months, Criminal Record Check and Child & Family Intervention Check are a MUST before starting work.
- Valid drivers’ licence and abstract is required for this position.
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary (based on working 34.50 hours per week)
- Monthly auto allowance
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation period(pro-rated)
- Mandatory enrollment in Extended Health Benefit after 6 months’ employment
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please submit your Cover letter & Resume to: http://bentarrow.ca/about/apply-now/
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.