Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related.” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Aboriginal children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
- Reconcile timesheets and update tracking sheets.
- Updating client lists, collection of statistics, creating charts and reports through excel.
- Support supervisors with resumes and booking appointments for interviews.
- Support staff and supervisors with schedules and update calendars.
- Track required training and arrange for staff training.
- Take notes at staff meetings and distribute accordingly.
- Compile statistical information.
- Assist staff with correspondence – typing, filing, photocopying.
- Order office supplies.
- Distribute faxes, manage outgoing mail, forward e-mails.
- Manage the staff in/out board, update and distribute staff extension list.
- Ensure brochures are printed and brochure board is full at all times.
- Answer telephone and inquiries from staff and clients, taking messages as required.
- Data entry.
- Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor.
Education and Credentials
- Office Administrative Certification diploma.
- Minimum 1 year experience as Office Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office – especially Excel and Word documents.
- Experience with bookkeeping is preferred.
- Typing and data entry speed of 50 wpm.
- Accurate and detailed oriented; able to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Helpful and personable to clients and staff.
- Ability to multi-task; highly detailed and organized.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check.
- Current (within 6 months) Child and Family Intervention Check.
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary depends on education and experience, working 34.50 hours per week.
- Paid sick and wellness days (pro-rated) after 3 months’ probation.
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can complete our Job Application Form and upload their resume.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.