Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Aboriginal children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
Lodge Keepers work alongside our Family Wellness Workers to support children and families in various capacities. These include:
- Establishing strong relationships with families and children.
- Linking families to community resources.
- Assisting families seeking housing & resources.
- Assisting families seeking financial community supports.
- Mentoring and role modeling with youth.
- Supported access drives – extensive transporting of children to family visits.
- Supported access visits for families – teaching moments for parents to interact with children.
- Provide Ages & Stages (ASQ) Assessments that will screen for possible developmental delays and help connect children to speech pathologists, auditory specialists, and other professionals as well as teach parents about child development and their own child’s skills.
- ASQ training is an asset.
- Completion of contact notes and data entry into Efforts To Outcome (ETO) system.
- Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
This position works out of our Boyle Street Community Office (10116 – 105 Avenue, Edmonton).
Applicants are required to work evenings and weekends. Applicants not being able to meet this requirement will NOT be considered for the position.
Education and Credentials
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in the human services field is required.
- Degree or diploma is an asset.
- Having your own vehicle for transportation is a must. Required Drivers’ Abstract before starting. Sufficient auto insurance ($2M liability).
- Experience working with Aboriginal families is an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record check and Child & Family Intervention check.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wages.
- Mileage auto allowance.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: http://bentarrow.ca/about/apply-now/
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.