Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related.” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Aboriginal children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
Family Wellness Worker
- This trained social services professional will act as the Case Manager alongside our Children Services partner (Assessor/Case Worker).
- Build positive relationships with families on their case load, and advocate where needed.
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with staff, colleagues, and partners, as required.
- Will be required to attend orientation and other appropriate courses/training.
- Provide monthly service plans, case notes, and progress reports using ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) data base. Adhere to monthly deadlines is a must. ETO experience is an asset.
- Ensure all client hard copy files are organized and have current and valid client information.
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families – i.e. Signs of Safety (SOS) – Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, Three Houses with Children. Experience with SOS is an asset.
- Responsible for all on-call services on a rotation basis (every 5-6 weeks). Financial compensation is granted.
- Awareness of Indigenous Cultural practices and ability to support cultural identity and connection to communities.
- Other duties as required, expectations and accountabilities of this position may be revised as necessary.
Education and Credentials
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- 3-5 years work-related experience is a must.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary (based on working a 34.50 hrs/ week) plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment
This position is within Boyle Street Community Services location (10116-105 Avenue, Edmonton, AB)
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.
Peyakoskan Connector (Family Connector)
- Excellent administrative and research skills
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families – Kinship Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, and Three Houses with Children. Experience with SOS is an asset.
- Ability to do family searches with a passion to keep meaningful connection for children in care;
- Facilitate training sessions to staff and mentor in conduct family finding;
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions, family circles and Family Group Conferencing;
- Strong connections with Aboriginal Bands and Reservations with Band Councils;
- Build positive relationships with families; work cooperatively with social workers and other invested partners; other teams and all staff member that may require your assistance
- Maintain effective cross-function relations with staff, colleagues and partners;
- Attend orientation and other appropriate courses / training;
- Develop professional time management, ensure that all reports and notes are correct and submitted on a timely manner; experience with ETO database.
- All client hardcopy files are organized and has current and valid client information;
- Awareness of Indigenous Cultural practices, Supporting cultural identity and connection to communities;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required, expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised necessary;
Qualifications & Education:
- Degree or diploma in the Social Services field or Human Services field is a must;
- 1-3 years work related experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- ETO (Efforts to Outcome) database experience is an asset for this position;
- Current, within 6 months, Criminal Record Check and Child & Family Intervention Check are a MUST before starting work. Valid drivers’ licence and abstract is required for this position.
Salary & Benefits:
- Monthly salary (based on working 34.50hrs. per week) and monthly auto allowance
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation period(pro-rated)
- Mandatory enrollment in Extended Health Benefit after 6 months’ employment.
- This position is to start immediately
How to Apply:
- Please submit your Cover letter & Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.