Home Visitation Practitioner
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as a Home Visitation Practitioner for our Healthy Families Program. The Healthy Families program is a home visitation program for new parents in the first years of their child’s life. Healthy Families started as a Success By 6 initiative, promoting healthy growth and development of preschool children.
- Develop relationships and provide long-term support to the families referred to the program.
- Work closely with a public health nurse, other care providers, and the families to assess needs and create goals and strategies to support the healthy development of the family.
- Document involvement with the family and provide other documentation as required to support the ongoing evaluation of the program.
- Case management, as well as attending any required case conferences.
- Work with referring agencies or other services involved with the family.
Education / Credentials
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Experience with providing support to families in their homes is required.
- Ability to model and teach appropriate behaviors such as communication, conflict management, problem solving, decision making and non-abuse behavior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car is required.
- Knowledge of the Aboriginal culture and language is an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check, and Child, Youth and Family Intervention Record check, without outstanding issues, prior to starting date, is mandatory.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary (based on working 34.50hrs/week) plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation.
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
This position is to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only success applicants will be selected for interviews