Group Care Outreach Worker-Female
This position is designed to provide support, guidance, and direction to the Aboriginal youth that live in our group homes. The role of the Group Care Outreach Worker is to establish a relationship with the youth living in the home, build trust, and provide guidance and direction as the young person moves towards independence. Both the Iskwew and Kokomish group homes provide long-term care, and the youth living there need to learn about personal responsibility, living skill, and the ability to plan successfully for their future.
The Group Care Outreach Worker is to work with both group homes to increase connection and capacity between the group homes, youth, and the community.
- research and introduce community resources to the group homes
- facilitate familial connections for each youth where possible
- research and facilitate community involvement for each participant
- must be available to work evenings and weekends
- to provide a safe, supportive environment for the youth
- to build positive relationships with the youth
- to work with community agencies who also work with or provide services to the youth
- to work effectively with the youth’s social worker in developing healing plans and relating information
- to deal with the individual and group behaviors
- to maintain a healthy, happy environment
- to participate in the daily planning of recreational activities
- to participate in the planning of meals and grocery shopping
- to participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and sessions with the psychologist
- to become familiar with community agencies
- to learn the policies of the Society and be able to implement them
Qualifications for the Position
- a 2-year diploma in Human Services, 2 years related experience, or equivalencies
- first aid certificate
- effective communication skills, written and verbal
- ability to work well as a team member and ability to take direction
- must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
- current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check, Child & Family Intervention Check, without issues.
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary, based on education and experience.
- Entitled to paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated).
- Entitled to extended health benefit plan (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.