Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related.” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Aboriginal children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
- This trained social services professional will act as the Case Manager alongside our Children Services partner (Assessor/Case Worker).
- Build positive relationships with families on their case load, and advocate where needed.
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with staff, colleagues, and partners, as required.
- Will be required to attend orientation and other appropriate courses/training.
- Provide monthly service plans, case notes using ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) data base. Adhere to monthly deadlines is a must. ETO experience is an asset.
- Ensure all client hard copy files are organized and have current and valid client information.
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families – i.e. Signs of Safety (SOS) – Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, Three Houses with Children. Experience with SOS is an asset.
- Responsible for all on-call services on a rotation basis (every 5-6 weeks). Financial compensation is granted.
- Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised as necessary;
- Other duties as required by the Family Wellness Supervisor.
This position required the applicant to work evenings and weekends.
Education and Credentials:
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- 3-5 years work-related experience is a must.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Monthly salary, based on working 34.50hrs. per week.
- Monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
This position is to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Job Application Form
Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.